I am still here. Can you believe it? I can’t.
Because sometimes I forget.
- Too much work this week. And too much pain, including a not-fun-at-all blow to the head. A breath for what is.
- I paid the electricity bill, so progress on that.
- I’ve been doing yoga every morning. Yay yoga.
- I sent a hard e-mail, and then another. Go me.
- Lovely piano music continues to be lovely. Grateful for sonic beauty.
- “Discussing” a possible career in stand-up comedy. Not scary at all.
- That evening I cooked falafels and pakoras from scratch, and then I made a meal for myself. Yeah, that was “fun”.
- Someone I know from Facebook got unexpectedly in touch just to show me praise. I have no words, but lots of gratitude.
- I published 2 posts. I have no idea how this happened, since I am still in an “I’ve-given-up-on-all-the-dreams” mood.
Moments of Insight
Everybody’s story matters. Everybody’s, not just those people whose stories consist of “happily ever after/married” or “found fame and wealth” or “was really beautiful”.
Everyone’s story matters and is worthy in an of itself, because we can’t live without writing our stories.
And the idea that some people’s stories are more worthy than others’ is the same as saying that some people are “more worthy” than other people. And that is morally wrong.
Once again: everybody’s story matters and is worthy, in an of itself.
Things of Considerable Worth (Un-missables!)
- This interview with David Graeber, on bullshit jobs and who gets rewarded in this economy, confirms deeply held suspicions of mine on the amount of pointless bureaucratic jobs out there nowadays.
- Check out this cool podcast. I particularly recommend Charles Eisenstein’s interview.
Another log logged, and another log I cannot believe I’ve logged.
Points to me for being here. Points!