I am still a little bit “lost”. I appear to have “foggy mind”.
I hope logging helps.
- Published important post that went ignored. Let’s focus on the bravery of keeping up the work and trying to teach people important things in the face of (apparent) indifference.
- I’ve been feeling completely disheartened and lost. I don’t know what I’m doing, or why I’m doing it. And still, I’ve managed to jot down a few thoughts, in the hope that they will bring in some clarity. Points to me for doing this.
- Lots of smoothies. And lots of yummy things. Yay for my blender.
- Back to the day job. Oh well. Also, I got burnt, and it made me very sad.
- Watching all of the classics. Jane Ayre, and Jane Austen.
- Went to a protest for the first time in a long, long time. Charlotte Church came along and she was fabulous. Before I arrived, my intention was to do my best to bring in “kindness” to this whole situation. And it turned out to be quite a cheerful protest, when you consider the circumstances (ie: the very wrong political party will be ruling the country for the next 5 years, making life much harder for people like me). Here’s to noticing this different “quality” in protests.
- Listening to Peaceful Piano and loving it. It’s my new spiritual practice.
Moments of Insight
I believe I internalised this “insight” this week when I had a meltdown that wasn’t a meltdown.
I was listening to beautiful Peaceful Piano music, and I suddenly began crying and crying for no “reason” whatsoever. What I mean by that is I wasn’t crying over something “bad”. I wasn’t actually “sad”.
I was internalising something, perhaps something beautiful. I think it had to do with the realisation that sometimes we are not prepared for that Beautiful thing we want so much. It’s too beautiful, and we are just not ready yet.
I would like to believe this insight readied me for it a bit more.
Things of Considerable Worth (Un-missables!)
- Pema Chodron: “Life is glorious, but life is also wretched”. Great quote by Pema. And the video below the quote is great too, I listened to it 5 times.
I started a rather lovely practice on the Widdershins Facebook page. As a way of celebrating the 32 days until I turn 32, I am bringing in spiritual qualities every day. Come take a look, they might “shift” something in you.
So many points to me for keeping up this practice despite all the things and all the failures and all the discouragement.