Spring is finally here! Not the proxy*, but I wish it was…
* I learned the meaning of “proxy” from Havi, and after years of playing around with it, I finally understand what it means.
- Spring! Warm weather! It reminds me of Buenos Aires. I can practically taste the evenings. Man, it’s been a looong winter…
- Going to the park with my book, for no reason whatsoever. That said, it’s not quite hot enough for that…
- Surprise dinner with Friend. Delicious pizza. Also, challenging.
- I can do yoga in the mornings now, because it’s not phunking freezing! It’s the best!
- Nightmares. I almost never get nightmares, and lately they’ve been happening. I don’t understand. Here’s a tiny wish that the Universe sends me dreams I can actually understand.
- Hard thing on Friday. Then on yesterday. Then today. Tired of all the hard things.
- I did a super challenging thing for my business! I am proud. I don’t know how it got done, but it got done.
- I set up a boundary yesterday, and today I had a huge realisation. Go me! Boundaries are the hardest for me.
Moments of Insight
Today’s insight has been HUGE. It feels like it’s been stewing for a long, long time, and it’s finally ready.
Here it is: other people aren’t experts on “what works”, they are just experts at what works for “them”. And since they haven’t spent a second being me, they can’t possibly know what works for “me”.
I’m not doing anything “wrong”, it’s just that what works for them doesn’t work for me. Simple as that.
Fake Musical of the Week
(a homage to Havi’s “Fake Band of the Week”; though this may turn out to be a once-in-a-while thing)
“The Return of Spring, The Proxy”.
It’s about the return of spring (the proxy) for our main character, a quirky young female with excellent vocals, and how a whole world rejoices for her good fortune.
Things of Considerable Worth (Un-missables!)
- Fantastic podcast, Tim Ferris interviews Amanda Palmer. I adore Amanda Palmer. She’s my role model. Keeping-it-real wisdom.
- a href=”http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/moral-mornings” target=”_blank”>Early Birds aren’t more moral than Night Owls. Also, you can’t change your night-owl-ness
Things are hard, but I’m feeling OK.
Here’s another wish for things to get easier :D