The title for this log is not a proxy (though I wish it was). Sugar has returned indeed.
- After months of trying to quit sugar, I finally gave in and bought at packet of cane sugar. I also got muffins. And then Easter came and brought chocolate… Sugar has returned with a vengeance.
- The Biggest Deadline yet was truly big indeed. Days and days of labouring, I completely underestimated how much work was needed. Lessons learned and a job well done.
- Seeing all the friends! Literally! I was worried for a moment thinking I would spend Easter on my own, as there weren’t any plans, but plans showed up all by themselves. Yay for friends, yay for generosity.
- Charles Eisenstein’s course continues to challenge things… That means it’s working.
- Feelings of blueness and stagnation and feed-up-ness. Wanting things to change and not seeing enough change.
- Worry, and more worry. Did I mention worry? Yes.
- Sun! Finally!!! It’s been the longest winter of my life (quite possibly) and I am so, so happy the Sun is shining once again. Hello, Spring, I’ve been waiting for you!
- Reading all the Garth Nix. I have needs and they can only be met with fantasy books.
Moments of Insight
“Part of the track is thinking one is off-track. The wrong path is part of the right path.”
This is how I see it: the “right” path is bigger than the “wrong” path. It contains it. Much like love is bigger than fear. So we can go off-track, safe in the knowledge that nothing is wrong.
Things of Considerable Worth (Un-missables!)
- TEDx talk: “Depression and spiritual awakening — two sides of one door” by Lisa Miller. It’s powerful, so prepare yourself for tears. This is the truth: the world is increasingly facing this choice: depression or spiritual awakening?
- “Endure Some Mayhem” by Meg Worden. When stories become… stale. “I’m an introvert and I can’t cope and that’s just who I am” might no longer be the case. This resonated with me.
- “Blogging is a genre. And don’t your forget it”, by Esme Wang.. Huge lightbulb moment today: “of course! blogging is not the same as essays! DUH!!!”
Another week of ups and downs.
Another log logged.
*sends blessings and Hugh Jackman-like godness* :D